If I ask my daughter, “What is your favorite fish?” In a heartbeat she will say, “Salmon!” Well, I cannot agree more. I like salmon too!
Here is a healthy recipe for the weekend if you have had too much land animal meat this week.
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Hierbas provenzales (albahaca, orégano, romero, tomillo, ajedrea & mejorana)
- Rub the salmon slice with the herbs, salt and pepper. Set it aside while you cooking the spinach.
- Saute onion, garlic and tomatoes until cooked and soft. Put in the spinach, stir it once, cover the pan and remove from stove. The warmth of the pan will be sufficient to cook the spinach. We want our greens cooked but not soggy.
- Fry the salmon in olive oil on high heat to crust one side. Turn it and cook this side for just 1-2 minutes to ensure that the fish is not dry when you serve it.
- Plate the salmon and the spinach at the side. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and salt.
DHA, the omega-3 fatty acid found in salmon helps improve mental and visual development
¡Buen fin de semana! (Have a great weekend! in Spanish)