Pork Ribs Adobo
Yes, we are at the Season 2 of Ulam Pinoy and what better way to start it off but with an adobo dish. One of our favorite is pork ribs adobo. The spareribs have a great combination of fat and meat, really perfect for adobo. What's special is the meat falling of the rib bones – it's tender yet full of texture compared with regular pork chops. Here is the adobo recibe:
- 1 kg pork spare ribs, cut in small portions
- 2-3 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 head of garlic. peeled
- 2 bay leaves (dahon ng laurel)
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns (pamintang buo)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cooking oil for frying the potatoes
- Place pork ribs in the pressure cooker pot. Add water, set at high heat and bring it to a brisk boil.
- Remove all the scum from the liquid.
- Add garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves and soy sauce
- Give it a quick stir and cover the pressure cooker tightly. Set timer at 15 minutes. Set stove on medium heat.
- While pressure cooking the pork, fry the potatoes until golden brown. Drain excess oil and set aside on paper towels.
- After 15 minutes, release pressure from cooker and open the lid.
- Add vinegar and sugar. Mix in the fried potatoes.
- Lower the heat and simmer to reduce and thicken the sauce.
Serve on top of plain rice. Kain na!
We love to hear from you and we look forward for another exciting new season ahead. Please don't forget to subscribe on the UlamPinoy YouTube channel.
So what is your favorite adobo?