Easy to make one-pot chicken dish with vegetables. You can make a large batch and save some for your baon to work. It is a complete ulam where you have the sarsa for the rice and the main deal - chicken and vegetable.
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Olive oil or canola
- Tomato sauce
- Patis (fish sauce)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken in medium portions.
- Cut potatoes, carrots, red and green sweet bell peppers in bite-size chunks.
- Mince the garlic, slice the onions and chop the tomatoes.
- Sauté the garlic, onions and tomatoes. Cover to soften the tomatoes.
- Add the chicken and sauté to give it some nice color.
- Splash in the fish sauce. Cover the pot and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Simmer until tender.
- Add the tomato sauce. Stir. Add the bell peppers. Salt to taste.
- Put in the green peas.
- Season with black pepper.
Happy cooking and show us your version of Chicken Afritada via Instagram with #ulampinoy