In this episode, let's upscale the usual pan-fried chicken fillets by making some blue cheese sauce with mushrooms.
The creamy gravy sauce gives the chicken additional depth and moisture while the blue cheese give a nice sharp contrast to it. The mushrooms add in another type of texture to the bite and umami boost!
- Chicken fillets
- Salt and black pepper
- Aromatic herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary - this is optional)
- Cooking oil for frying
- Mushrooms (button or assorted)
- Blue cheese (Roquefort)
- Heavy cream
Filleted (and deboned) chicken thighs are the preferred cuts for better texture and it's juicier than the chicken breast.
In the video we used bottle-preserved mushrooms but fresh whole mushrooms are the best if you can source it, because it offers some pleasant earthy, nutty flavors to the dish.
- Dust the chicken fillets with salt, crushed black pepper and herbs on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a skillet pan and fry the chicken fillets. Fry until both sides develop a light crust and golden brown in color. When finished frying, set aside the oil and leave just a small amount.
- Sauté the chopped garlic and sliced onions. Add mushrooms. Sauté for another minute or two. Add blue cheese. Pour in the heavy cream. Stir well while bring it to a mild simmer.
- Drop the fried chicken fillets into the sauce. Stir thouroghly to cover the chicken with the gravy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Happy cooking and eating! Maraming salamat po... 🙏🏼