In this episode, let's make Pinoy-style pork picadillo using some basic ingredients and keep it simple.
Simple as sautéing it in patis (fish sauce) and using some fresh ripe chopped tomatoes instead of adding tomato sauce.
- Ground pork
- Green peas
- Cooking oil
- Salt and black pepper
Chopping the pork meat finely makes some uneven bits thus giving a bit more texture but of course buying the ground meat is convinient.
- Pre-fry potatoes, carrots and green peas gives the vegetable a light crust for more flavor and texture. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a skillet pan and sear until golden brown. Set on high heat enough to brown the ground meat sealing it so it doesn't dry out. Set aside.
- Sauté the chopped garlic and sliced onions. Add diced tomatoes. Sauté until aromatic and tomato has soften.
- Add the stir-fried garlic, onions, tomato to the seared meat. Stir well to combine. Add water or stock to deglace the fond. Add bay leaves. Cover and simmer.
- Add in the pre-fried vegetable. Mix to get all the ingredient to blend and get along well with each other. Cover and simmer some more until meat is tender and sauce starts to thicken.
- Salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with rice or as palaman!
Watch and cook-along with the video recipe.
For recipe ideas/comments/requests you can reach us in the contact form.
Happy cooking and eating! Maraming salamat po... 🙏🏼