Tomato-based chicken stew with carrots, bell pepper, and potatoes.
Easy to make one-pot chicken dish with vegetables. You can make a large batch and save some for your baon to work. It is a complete ulam where you have the sarsa for the rice and the main deal - chicken and vegetable.
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Olive oil or canola
- Tomato sauce
- Patis (fish sauce)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken in medium portions. Cut potatoes, carrots, red and green sweet bell peppers in bite-size chunks. Mince the garlic, slice the onions and chop the tomatoes.
- Sauté the garlic, onions and tomatoes. Splash in the fish sauce. Cover to soften the tomatoes.
- Add the chicken and sauté to give it some nice color. Cover the pot and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Simmer until tender.
- Add the tomato sauce. Stir. Add the bell peppers. Put in the green peas.
- Salt to taste. Season with black pepper.
Watch and cook-along with the video recipe.
Happy cooking and show us your version of Chicken Afritada via Instagram with #ulampinoy