Chicken broth soup with bottle gourd and ginger
Savory and revitalizing chicken broth soup spiced with ginger, garlic, onions and with bottle gourd and pechay.
- Whole chicken, 1 pc. cut into portions
- Upo (bottle gourd), 1 medium cut into chunks
- Pechay (Chinese cabbage, bok choi is great alternative), stalks and leaves separated
- Mild long green chilis (siling haba)
- Ginger, peeled and sliced
- Cooking oil
- Patis (fish sauce)
- Salt to taste
Using the different cuts from the whole chicken gives the recipe more range of flavors and textures. Economical too!
The vegetables can be replaced with what you have like dahon ng sili, malunggay, green papaya, etc.
Watch and cook-along with the video recipe.
More power to all and have a great week ahead! 💪🏼