Here’s one of my all-time fave dish – Huevos Rotos which literally means “Broken Eggs.” It is not the typical scrambled eggs where you beat the egg whites & yolks together before you cook it.
Typically here in Madrid, the eggs are broken, literally when they serve it, in front of you!
- 2 Eggs
- Chorizo Iberico de Bellota (or any chorizo of your choosing)
- Asparagus (or any greens you like)
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Paprika & Parsley (for garnish)
- Sauté onion & garlic in olive oil
- Throw in the chorizo; let it sizzle until it change the color of the oil
- Add in the asparagus; sweat it and turn off stove
- Season with salt & pepper
- Now this is the part we “break” the eggs. While the pan is still on the stove, break and put the whole eggs on top. Using your wooden spoons, break the eggs however you like (this is where your creativity and mood kicks in!). As soon as you are done, plate it right away!
Garnish with paprika (I like the pimentón picante) & parsley. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil and serve with a crusty bread such as Chapata
Happy cooking and kain na!